Residency OptionsHensel Memory Enhancement Center
Professional, compassionate, engaging, and safe support for residents living with advanced symptoms of dementia.
As Alzheimer’s disease or one of the many causes of dementia symptoms progresses, it often becomes necessary for individuals to receive more appropriate levels of care outside of the home. This can be a difficult decision for the family caregivers to make, but it can also be in the best interest of both the caregiver and their loved one. The Hensel Memory Enhancement Center offers a loving and engaging approach to dementia care.
Our free-standing Memory Enhancement Center has two floors and includes private and shared suites, spacious open dining room and kitchen, activity areas and a secure enclosed garden. Internationally recognized dementia care expert Laura Wayman, known as the Dementia Whisperer, has trained our staff on how to effectively and compassionately communicate and care for residents of the center. Laura has also supported all staff across the Hollenbeck Palms community to become dementia aware. The Hensel Memory Enhancement Center provides services and amenities that encourage individualized engagement leading to cognitive, physical, spiritual and psychological well-being in a safe, supportive, loving environment.Contact Us
- Reduced monthly rates available
- 2-year rent increase freeze
- $1,000 towards move in costs
- No-cost family consultation and support with our licensed Dementia Expert
A Holistic, Personalized Approach
Residents of the Hensel Memory Enhancement Center are part of our Hollenbeck Palms community. Our approach to care includes getting to know the whole person—recognizing an individual’s unique qualities and abilities in the here and now—in order to develop a customized activity and care plan suited to the special needs of each person.
Each resident receives an evaluation, and an individualized plan is developed and implemented according to the person’s unique care and cognitive needs. Our holistic approach incorporates fitness, mental stimulation, and creative expression using engagement programs tailored to individual interests. Cognitive engagement, physical activity, art and music therapy, social and spiritual fulfillment also play a part in increasing the quality of life for each resident.
Comfort with Continuity
The Hensel Memory Enhancement Center allows current residents to remain on campus in a familiar setting—and enables couples to stay close by during what can be a trying stage of their lives.
Details that Matter
Studies show that environment plays a crucial role in caring for people living with memory loss. The lack of a “feeling of home” can adversely affect the ability of an individual to thrive. Our Hensel Memory Enhancement Center combines the feeling of comfort and home with safety and security, resulting in a harmonious and engaging living environment. The center features a layout specifically designed to encourage independence by minimizing confusion, with special colors, textures, and shapes that promote mental stimulation and well-being. Residents will have access to new technology including Virtual Reality and the It's Never Too Late (IN2L) platform of engaging activities.
If needed, we may facilitate one on one support for residents, helping them acclimate to their new environment. We know that memory loss not only affects the individual experiencing it—but also impacts their loved ones. We offer resources and counseling to family members to help them through what can be a difficult period.
Would you like to learn more about our Memory Enhancement Center? Contact us to arrange our tour or to talk to a member of our team.Contact Us
- The Hollenbeck Palms Logo. Quiet jazz piano is playing.
- A close up view of pink snapdragon flowers.
- Fade to a large stucco and clay tile roof building labeled 'Hensel Memory Enhancement Center'. It is nestled amongst trees behind a garden with a large stone fountain.
- Two women in dresses open the double doors to the centers entryway.
- A young woman in glasses and red lipstick is smiling and answering a phone at the service desk.
- A gray haired couple review Hollenbeck material with staff over coffee and muffins in a bright and comfortable lounge area.
- A sign next to a glass door says "activity room".
- A paint pallette with green, purple, and magenta watercolors.
- Various paintings displayed on a long table.
- A table labeled "Reminiscing table" with books, garments, and magazines.
- A sign reads "game table". On the table are tic tac toe boards and a ring game.
- The "Puzzle Table" has a peackock jigsaw puzzle box on its side among puzzle pieces.
- A "Singing Table" has a variety of songbooks and a wooden radio.
- The camera pans across a bright dining room with wood floors and white and green walls. The walls have minimalist art. The tables 4-tops and are set for a meal.
- A close up of the table setting with green napkins and silver place settings
- Citrus infused ice water cooler, white flowers, muffins, and a coffee carafe sit on a wooden buffet
- Bananas, apples, and oranges are displayed in silver dishes on a buffet with the kitchen in the bakcground
- A view of the city skyline over the clay tile roof from a large window.
- The door to a room from the hallway. The halls have wooden hand rails and the door has a memory box next to it.
- A close up of the memory box reveals military awards and a black and white picture labeled "Rosamond Flores".
- The camera enters a room. In view is an orange lamp on a night stand next to a twin bed with orange floral spread. Slippers are set next to the bed.
- The camera pans to the left and another twin bed with a blue spread is on the other side of the room with its own night stand and a window above it.
- A white bathroom fades into view with spacious countertops and a large mirror. The cabinets below are wood.
- A reverse view of the living are shows a cushy blue chair, wall art, and television on a wall above a credenza.
- A different room fades into view with a modern freen chair and side table. Wall art and thermostat are on the wall.
- The camera pans to show 2 bright windows on either side of a modern twin bed next to a wooden night stand.
- The camera pans to the opposite wall displaying a wood credenza with flowers and wall art in place of a television.
- A close up of the night stand reveals a book, lamp, and small potted succulent plant.
- A close up of the side table with a fedora, a book, and a grassy potted plant.
- A wall sign reads 'salon'
- Wall art of a glamorous woman applying lipstick.
- The camera zooms out to reveal a hair washing and drying station next to a salon chair and vanity.
- An outdoor patio with 4 top tables, each below a red umbrella.
- A wrought iron garden bench with a side table sits on a concrete island in a grassy garden.
- A close up of white flowers.
- The Hollenbeck Palms Logo
- Jazz music stops.