Ending Loneliness In Seniors
Loneliness in elderly adults is a serious health risk affecting many people in the United States. Moving into a senior community full of life-enrichment activities can reduce loneliness and avert the risk of severe medical conditions.
- The risk of Alzheimer’s nearly doubles with lonely seniors
- 30% of 46 million seniors live alone
- Lonely seniors are more likely to drink and smoke in excess
- Isolation can lead to elder abuse
- Why living in a community can be the solution